Avocado on toast with Boabab Hollandaise
Feeds : 2 pax
Time Taken: 20 mins
Ingredients:• Golden oyster mushroom from Kin Yan 2 bunch
• Sourdough Bread ½ loaf
• Avocado 1 nos
• Poached eggs 2 nos
• Cherry tomato 6 to 8 nos
• Basil 2 leaves
• Shallots ½ a bulb
• Salt pinch
• Pepper pinch
• Baobab sauce
• Olive oil 50 ml
• Clarified butter 100 ml
• Baobab powder 2 tsp
• N&N Pasteurised egg 1 nos
• Vinegar 1 tbl
• Water 20 ml
1. Separate egg yolk and egg white.
2. Leave the yolk in a mixing bowl and start mixing with a whisk.
3. Add in the vinegar to the yolk and start beating.
4. Next slowly add in the olive oil followed by the clarified butter.
5. Sprinkle in baobab powder and kosher salt.
6. Finally add water till mix is smooth and a pale white.
1. Toast sourdough and set it on a plate
2. Prepare avocado and slice it length wise.
3. In a pan cook the mushrooms till they are a little charred and leave it aside.
4. Cut cherry tomatoes into half. Slice basil and shallots and put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with good amount of olive oil, sprinkling of salt .
5. In a pot of boiling water add a capful of vinegar to 1 L of water. Once water is on a rolling boil add in eggs and bring down heat till water is simmering. Cook eggs for 3 minutes till white is opaque and slightly firm.
6. To assemble place toasted sourdough on a plate. Next lay the avocado and poached eggs. Dress eggs with the hollandaise sauce finish with tomato salsa.
Recipe by : Chef Marc Wee
Restaurant : Arbite
Address : 66 Serangoon Garden Way, Singapore 555962
Tel : 6287 0430